Monday 28 April 2014

SPRING ...AS IN BOUNCE




I've been away on Wordpress blogging about our community garden for a while and find myself in unfamiliar territory but it will all come back to me soon enough.  I'm anxious to make contact with my carry-a-bag friends and followers now that the site is back online and I'm back behind my sewing machine.

My fundamental need to MAKE has won over my need to plant veggies for slugs and snails. I've always been a maker and get immense satisfaction from crafting something with my own hands. I love shopping but for me nothing beats making.  I have a room filled to bursting with fabric, a clutter
of bobbins, buttons and threads and find the lure of selecting, matching and making impossible to resist.  My time outside gave me the opportunity to watch bees and see how many sorts there are and each has its own task -  buzzing, busy and determined.  I think I may be a Solitary Bee as I'm very happy to work alone, as long as I have 6Music on nice and loud.




However, I'll be venturing out to dip my toes into the exciting world of the Pick Me Up design fair at Somerset House this week where I'm running a tote bag making workshop using the new HEALS 1812 fabric range.   Very exciting. - come and visit, make a bag and take it home.
https://www.somersethouse.org.uk/visual-arts/pick-me-up-2014

http://www.heals.co.uk/search?q=1810+fabrics

Nice to be back on the blog

love & peace

Sally
  x


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Post. Plastic bag is become a necessary item it current situation. We provide reusable non woven bags...Check our link for more info. Thanks for sharing.

Forest and Lakes said...

Great idea! forest and lakes offer free canvas bags for designer.

CARRY-A-BAG's Fan Box

About Me

My photo
Hastings, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Carry-a-bag began about five ago when I was fuming about plastic carrier bags stuck in trees, washed up on the beach and generally messing up the planet. It began as a little idea but one morning I woke up thinking "don't take a carrier bag just remember to carry a bag. And now I make bags all the time.

DIG YOUR VEG

DIG YOUR VEG
Take it shopping or digging...

September 11th 2007

September 11th 2007
Blue sky day

Glastonbury

Glastonbury
time to save the planet dudes + me in the hat